Monday, April 2, 2012

The Unwritten Rules of Being the Oldest Child

There are many advantages and disadvantages to being the oldest child in your family.(I would know because I am the oldest). Although some might be good like having your younger siblings do what you say,there can also be bad ones like never getting the attention you want.Below are a few examples to get you an idea of what it is like being the oldest.
Unwritten Rules
  • You have to be a good older sibling and not be mean or hurt your little siblings.
  • You will suffer the most.
  • Your parents will expect you to do everything right.
  • People will have high expectations for you.
  • Your younger siblings will drive you nuts.
  • Your parents will never understand you.
  • You have to be a role model.
These are only some unwritten rules for being an only child,there are still more out there,but I think this covers the main ideas.

Photo By:bartb_pt

1 comment:

  1. As an oldest sibling, I can identify with much of what you have here. Sometimes I definitely feel like I suffered the most, especially when it comes to rules. Most of my little brothers and sisters get away with stuff I wouldn't have had a chance at.

    ReplyDelete